When a drain becomes blocked, large or small, it can be a real pain. No matter whether it’s due to a lack of maintenance or a one-off event, dealing with blocked drains throughout London can cause major disruption and can be expensive to put right.
Here at Elliott Environmental Drainage, we can offer both proactive and reactive response to all your drainage needs. Whether you’re a large company or a small domestic client, we will be more than happy to help.
Blocked drains in London can happen for a variety of reasons, a small handful being:
These are all items that may just be thrown down the drains on a daily basis but they could cause big problems. To avoid causing these problems in the future, why not take a look at our guide to ‘9 Things You Should Never Put Down Your Drains‘ on our blog.
As mentioned above, there are a number of different causes of blocked drains in London. You may not think it, but many of these are easy to diagnose yourself if you know the sights, sounds and smells to look out for! Once you spot these, you can then take prompt action to put it right.
– One of the most obvious signs of a blocked drain is a sink, bath, shower or toilet that is draining slowly. This is usually a sign that there is a blockage somewhere in the system, although it could also be a symptom of a more serious problem such as a collapsed pipe.
– A gurgling sound from your plugholes drains or your toilet flush can indicate that there’s trapped air somewhere in your system. This is usually the result of a build-up of dirt or grease, which will prevent the air from escaping through the pipes.
– If you can smell rotting food or sewage inside your house or around an outside drainage cover, it’s likely that you have a blocked drain.
– If the water level in the toilet rises higher than normal after it has been flushed, that’s a sure sign that there is a partial blockage somewhere in the system. However, if the water starts rising to the point of overflowing, you could have a more serious problem.
– At the more serious end of the spectrum, a cracked or collapsed drain can disrupt the flow of water and cause it to flow into the ground rather than through the drainpipe itself. That can lead to issues such as wet rot and damp in a property, typically on a localised area of a wall.
There are several methods of cleaning and unclogging drains at home floating around the internet. However, it can be a good idea to have them professionally cleaned every once in a while, as a preventative measure. We especially recommend this if your drain is frequently used.
If you have noticed that your drain is regularly clogging, it is a good idea to have it professionally cleaned as soon as possible. You may not know it, but something more serious could be going on that our trained team here at Elliott Environmental could pick up on straight away.
Making sure that your drains are working efficiently is important because it will save you money in the long run. Well maintained drains will last must longer and will require much less upkeep.
Keeping them clean and clear will be less stress on the drain in the long run and it will less likely that you will need your drains replaced in the future. Some easy ways to keep your drains well maintained include:
Here at Elliott Drainage, we don’t only focus on household blocked drains we also offer a commercial service. We have serviced some of the largest food distribution warehouses in the country and have the expertise and experience to deal with more sensitive sites such as gas and oil terminals, hospitals, rail depots and electrical distribution sites.
It’s a good idea to get your drains checked frequently by a professional. If you think that there may be a problem with blocked drains in London, get in contact with Elliott Environmental Drainage.
Here at Elliott Drainage, we offer a range of 24/7 drainage services in London, using some of the latest and best technology that is available on the market, We’re iSO 9001 and 14001 certified showing how dedicated we are to provide the best service that we possibly can.
Be sure to get in touch with a member of the Elliott Environmental Drainage team today and we’ll be more than happy to discuss our process of drain clearance in London. Contact us today on 01322 518271 for more information or to receive a free fixed quote, fill in our Quick Quote Form. We’ll be more than happy to help!
Freya works with the marketing team and helps to provide expert knowledge to past, present and future customers on a variety of Liquid Waste Removal Services.