London, Kent & the
South East of England
As important it is getting safe, clean and reliable water to your home, so is ensuring that it is properly taken away again once you have used it. Whether you’ve flushed the toilet, emptied your bath or used the washing machine, it is vital that all that water, also known as sewage or wastewater, is safely taken away back into rivers.
A sewage treatment plant will treat this wastewater as thoroughly as possible, so it can then be discharged into the environment.
Here at Elliott Environmental Drainage Ltd, we have over 50 years of experience in working with sewage treatment plants and will be able to give you all of the advice you need regarding keeping your sewage treatment plant working to the highest standards.
Available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, our team of specialists will be more than happy to give you the help and advice you need, so make sure to get in touch today.
Why Are Sewage Treatment Plants Important?
Septic tanks are common in rural properties where no mains drainage is available in the area.
If your existing Septic Tank discharges into surface water system or water course (for example a stream, river, ditch, surface water drain, etc.) You are required to upgrade or change this system.
Who is required to make change?
- If you own the property that uses the system
- If your property shares the system with other properties (you are jointly responsible)
- If you have an agreement with the owner of the property that you are responsible for the system, for example you’re renting and it’s in your tenancy agreement
Anyone with a septic tank discharging into a watercourse must either.
- Replace the septic tank with a sewage treatment plant, which has full compliance with BS EN 12566-3
- Install a drainage field (infiltration system) so that the septic tank discharges into the ground constructed to the British Standard BS6297 2007.
This is set out by the septic tank regulations 2020; Being non-compliant will not only detract potential buyers from your property and you may also be subject to enforcement action by the Environment Agency.
The government issue guidance on General Binding Rules for sewage discharge to a surface water course. Information can be found here:
HOW CAN WE HELP YOU COMPLY?
Our highly experienced team have over 50 years of combined experience in the industry.
From initial site enquiry, recommendations, install and servicing we have the knowledge, equipment, and personnel to deliver projects on time and on budget.
We can offer an end-to-end service, including:
- Dedicated point of contact throughout your project
- Identifying your needs and recommending a system that suits your personal requirements
- Installation of the system, using the latest equipment using our in-house team
- Commissioning and formal handover, including warranty
- Capability to maintain your system, including emergency call-out works – delivered by our fleet of tankers, experienced installers, and electrical mechanical engineers.
We work to the highest Health and Safety standards and our staff highly trained, and our equipment is of the highest standard.
Why is Sewage Treatment Plant Maintenance Important?
It’s important that you ensure that your sewage treatment plant is properly maintained by an expert, such as the team here at Elliott Environmental Drainage Ltd.
Unfortunately, should you neglect to maintain your system, you could face a range of problems. This can include;
- Fines from the Environment Agency,
- Unpleasant smells
- Premature breakdown,
- Contaminating the surrounding environment.
Why Choose To Work With Elliott Environmental Drainage Ltd on Your Sewage Treatment System?
Here at Elliott Environmental Drainage Ltd, we are proud to be specialists in sewage treatment systems. In fact, it is our goal to provide our customers with a professional and competitive service throughout SE England, Surrey, Essex, London and Kent of which they can trust.
To ensure a lifetime of reliable service, a sewage treatment system should be properly maintained on a regular basis, which is why we can offer both one-off visits and a maintenance schedule.
As a company, our team is completely ISO 9001, 14001, and 18001 certified and we’ve acquired various other globally recognised accreditations.
In fact, we’re also proud to boast access to some of the latest and more advanced technology on the market, to ensure that our fleet of vehicles are fit for the job and provide you with a great service that you can trust.
Should you have any questions about the sewage treatment system servicing that we can provide here at Elliott Environmental Drainage Ltd, then make sure to get in touch today. We’ll be more than happy to help.