Dealing with a flood inside your home can be very distressing especially when your personal belongings are at risk. Elliott Drainage has been experts in specialist waste and drainage industry for over 30 years. Whether you require commercial or household services, we will be able to provide you with a competitive and professional flood damage service in Surrey. If you would like more information on our liquid waste management or draining services please get in touch with a friendly member of our team today on 0844 809 9965.
What is Flood Damage?
Excessive amounts of unwanted water can cause catastrophic damage to a property, business and personal belongings which can be irreplaceable. Elliott Drainage will enter a flooded property and help to minimise the risk of further damage to the property. The damage caused by a flood if not fixed can become a lot worse over time and can end up ruining your home or workplace. The structural integrity of a building is extremely important which is why you need to make sure in the event of a flood, you give us a call and we can respond as quickly and efficiently as possible. Our services are available 24 hours a day to ensure that if you do find your or your home in a state of emergency, we are able to arrive and minimise the risk of the damage that is caused.
Reasons For Flooding
A flood can occur because of a number of reasons, most floods happen suddenly and are very unexpected. Some indicators that your home could be prone to a leak include, leaking appliances, water spots on walls and ceilings or leaking bathroom features Please don’t forget that the outside of your home could be prone to flooding too. You should always check for clogged gutters, leaking drains or pipes, a full septic tank or even backed up sewer lines. The weather also has a huge impact on flooding in buildings. Heavy storms for a long period of time could cause flooding in roads and gardens as well as basements and attics.
Common Areas That Flood in a Home:
- Bathrooms – The bathroom has a number of water sources in it which makes the room most common for flooding. All of these features are also connected to pipes which if become clogged could lead to a flood.
- Roofs – Your roof could be damaged from improper installation, weather or even a fire.
- Appliances – Many household appliances are connected to pipes and plumbing which run straight through a home. Washing machines, dishwashers and many more could all cause flood if not cared for.
- Basements – Basements are usually the lowest part of your home which means that there are a number of entry points in which water could enter. If there is heavy rainfall or you live near a body of water it is important to keep this in mind.
- Pipes – Pipes run throughout your home. In the walls, under the floor, everywhere. They are extremely common in homes which means flooding could happen anywhere if you have leaky or even broken pipes throughout your home.
How Do I Prevent a Flood?
It is always a good thing to ask “how can I prevent this?” rather than, “why did this happen?”. There are many forms of protection which can help prevent flooding. The two main types are known as;
- Resistance: Resistance could apply to safety features such as removable barriers for doors and windows as well as temporary seals for doors.
- Resilience: The resilience methods including placing important items high up in a room to prevent damage or waterproof bags for personal belongings which can’t be replaced.
Flood Damage Surrey
Here at Elliott Environmental Drainage, we are proud to over Flood Damage services across Surrey which include; Vacuum tankers for flood water removal, Pump hire, dehumidifier hire and may more. If you have any questions about our Flood Damage services in Surrey please get in touch with a friendly member of the team who would be more than happy to help with any concerns you may have.